Here's a look at some of the latest news regarding the ophthalmic and contact lens industries.
- Bausch + Lomb recently launched a new contact lens patient savings and rewards program called Bausch + Lomb Horizon Rewards. The program reportedly provides patients with a rebate redemption from their purchases of B+L contact lenses within five business days, as well as the opportunity to earn points and tokens for a greater choice of rewards including gift cards, coupons, and the option to donate to a charity, Optometry Giving Sight. B+L was also recently named the most trusted contact lens solution brand in Canada for the second consecutive year, and launched Bausch + Lomb AQUALOX® bi-weekly contact lenses to the Japanese market.
- Blanchard Contact Lenses has reportedly added another lens design to their Onefit™ Scleral Lens Platform. Sym-Toric is reportedly an advanced proprietary front toric scleral lens design that enhances patient comfort, consistency of vision performance, and greatly simplifies the practitioner fitting experience for scleral Astigmatic patients utilizing the existing Onefit Scleral Lens Platform diagnostic lens set. (See press release below)
- VSP Global and ZEISS have partnered together to offer an exclusive VSP member rebate of $35 on select ZEISS progressive lenses, available exclusively through Premier Program practices starting July 1. Through the partnership, VSP Global Premier Program practices will also enjoy upgraded status in the ZEISS Practice Advantage Program, which includes education offerings, access to practice consultants, special pricing for optical and ophthalmic equipment and more.
- And VSP® Optics Group recently launched it new fast-acting, high-performance photochromatic lens, SunSync Plus — an addition to the SunSync Light-Reactive Lenses portfolio — reportedly deliver the quickest fade-back time available, blocks 100 percent UV radiation, and selectively filters blue light.
- Safilens has named MPG&E as its exclusive distributor in Germany for the next five years. And Safilens provided an exclusive preview launch of its new daily toric fusion 1day astigma lens at last month's BCLA Clinical Conference & Exhibition. The new lens for astigmatism reportedly features an innovative design called Sleekform, and uses the company's fusiontechnology™ system that helps stabilize the physiological relationship between the tear film and the ocular surface, providing the wearer with natural, lasting eye comfort. (See press release below)
- Transitions Optical has released new kids’ resources featuring staff education and marketing materials to help ECPs better understand and treat young patients. Resources include information on the importance of vision in childhood development and the need to protect kids' eyes from damaging UV and harmful blue light. And the marketing materials range from social media graphics to counter cards. (See press release below)
- Essilor® Sun Solution™ recently launched its NXT® sun lenses that combines the optimal optical clarity of a mineral lens with the lightweight qualities and impact resistance of an organic lens. The new lens is available in four ranges — NXT® embedded with built-in tint control; NXT® Varia™ with photo-sensor control; NXT® Polarized with ultimate glare control; and NXT® Polarized Varia™ with both photo-sensor and glare control. (See press release below)
Like what you read? Follow OptometryWeb to keep up with our latest articles, news and events. Plus, get special offers and more delivered to your inbox.
Click here to read the full press release