These are rigid gas permeable contact lenses used for corneal refractive therapy, a process that temporarily corrects nearsightedness (myopia). The patient wears the lenses overnight while sleeping and removes them upon wakening. During the day, nearsightedness is corrected or greatly reduced
The Paragon CRT™ and Quadra RG ™contact lenses apply slight pressure to the center of the cornea, causing it to temporarily flatten. The flattened cornea redirects light onto the back surface of the eye (the retina) at an angle that can compensate for nearsightedness. Since the cornea is elastic, it gradually regains its shape throughout the day (causing nearsightedness to return). Usually, patients must wear the lenses every night to maintain corrected vision.
The lenses are used for the temporary correction of nearsightedness. They can be used by patients with or without vision distortion (astigmatism). They are usually worn overnight as part of a corneal refractive therapy program. When the lenses are removed each morning, they must be cleaned using a chemical disinfection system.
Why Paragon CRT® is the right choice for your practice:
- Paragon CRT brings opportunity for your practice growth and patient retention.
- Take advantage! Refractive surgery has created a market of patients wanting freedom from glasses and daytime contacts without surgery.
- Paragon CRT sets the standard for Corneal Refractive Therapy not only with the first FDA approval for overnight CRT but also by offering a Total System which includes a Diagnostic Dispensing System and a Complete Practice Management Program.
- With no age restrictions, Paragon CRT is the perfect option for active kids and teens who aren’t eligible for refractive surgery.
- Paragon CRT rounds out your practice and is the perfect complement for refractive surgery and 30-day continuous wear lenses.